PREPARATION & AFTERCARE
CALL NOW ON 01189 585558 TO BOOK YOUR 1st SESSION
Laser Hair Removal
Prior to each treatment the hair should be shaved or trimmed from the surface of the skin. It is useful to have approximately 3 days regrowth so where possible please do this a few days before you are due to come in. It will not be possible to undertake treatment unless this is done. After the treatment the hair will appear to still be growing. It is in fact shedding and this process can take up to three weeks but do not be alarmed if you don't notice this happening, as not everyone does. Shaving and trimming in the meantime is possible. The hair re-growth should be slowed substantially and may be patchy when it does return. Most clients notice an improvement after 2-3 treatments. The re-growth may then appear to worsen; in fact the growth cycle has become synchronised, which is highly desirable as subsequent treatments will be even more effective.
Red Vein Removal, Photo Rejuvenation, RegenLite, Glycolic Peel, & Microdermabrasion
The skin may experience some trauma, redness and slight swelling and bruising. Symptoms will normally subside within 1-2 weeks. The area should be kept dry and only recommended products should be applied. Makeup should not be used directly over the area for at least 48 hours, unless using Jane Iredale mineral make up.
It is essential that the aftercare advice is strictly adhered to and Permanent Beauty will not be held responsible for any adverse effects if it is not.
DO NOT (for 24 hours after each treatment):
- Undertake any activity that creates heat – such as exercise, sauna, steam bath, cooking over steaming pans etc. if having face treated
- Use a swimming pool or Jacuzzi
- Use perfumed lotions or skincare products
- Use sunbeds or sunbathe during the course of your treatment
- Do not have treatments when immune system is low due to stress, excess alcohol/drugs, illness.
- Do not use any method of hair removal except trimming or shaving
- Do not use Vitamin A or glycolic products for 2 days either side of any treatment other than a glycolic peel treatment
- Use only the recommended skincare products during the course of your treatment and apply liberally to soothe and rehydrate the skin
- Advise the therapist of any changes in medications and your health
- Seek the advice of your GP should you experience any ill effects
- Use sun protection SPF30+ on exposed areas being treated and only use fake tan if it will be completely worn off before your laser treatment (usually 5+ days). Remember that products such as Johnsons Holiday Skin include fake tan.
Do not touch the area that has been waxed, except with cool dampened cotton wool/tissue. Apply Aloe Vera Gel to the newly waxed area, this will not only cool, but moisturise and soothe at the same time, a little stinging may occur at first as the pores are newly opened but this will die down after a few seconds and you will definitely benefit from this Soothing Gel which will also help to increase the healing time so bringing your skin back to balance.
- Do not wear tights for 24 hours and Exfoliate after 24 hours if you suffer with ingrowing hairs - Phone for advice if you do get any.
- Do – apply antiseptic cream to treated areas 3 times in the 24 hours following treatment.
- Do – if your skin feels hot after treatment, bathe with a cold salt water solution regularly in the hours following treatment, this reduces inflammation and speeds up the healing process. (Add half a teaspoon of salt to one cup of boiling water and chill).
- Do – apply sun block daily to prevent sunlight from interfering with the healing process for 2–3 days following treatment.
- Do – wear loose clothing.
- Do Not – expose the skin to sun, sunlight or sunbeds for 48 hours.
- Do Not – use a steamroom, sauna or any heat treatment for 24 hours.
- Do Not – have a bath or shower for 24 hours.
- Do Not – swim in chlorinated water for 24 hours.
- Do Not – do aerobics or any exercise for 24 hours.
- Do Not – apply any heat or friction to the skin whatsoever.
- Do Not – apply any moisturisers or body lotions, other than those recommended by your therapist for 24 hours.
- Do Not – apply body sprays or deodorants or perfume for 24 hours.
- Do Not – apply talc, make up or false tan for 24 hours.
- Do Not – wear tights, leggings, or tight fitting clothing for 24 hours.
- Do Not – massage the area for 24 hours.
Most people find the hair will start to re-grow within 7-10 days following treatment. The hair needs to be a certain length in order to successfully remove it by waxing. Allow 4 weeks before your next treatment. Immediately after treatment, the area may be red or slightly inflammed, we apply a cooling lotion after the treatment.
Take extra care of the waxed area, especially within the first 24 hours.